Monday, March 15, 2010

Easy Butterscotch Bars

P3120646

I made these on Friday to test out on my kids before I made them for church on Sunday.  The kids loved them therefore I made another batch for church.

These are quick and easy to make not to mention they only have 5 ingredients!!  I got this recipe from Laura @ Heavenly Homemaker.

Easy Butterscotch Bars

1 cup melted butter
1 3/4 cups sucanat**
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour**

Stir melted butter and sucanat together.  Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.  Stir in flour and mix until well combined.  Pour batter into a 9×13 inch baking pan.  Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.

**I used brown sugar instead of sucanat and all-purpose flour in place of whole wheat flour (hadn’t been able to grind my flour recently).**

They tasted great.  I lined my pan with foil so that I can remove them easily for slicing.  Also, I put them in the refrigerator before I cut them the second time.  I like them even better cold instead of just out of the oven. 

Let me know if you try them!   This is going to be added to my easy desserts for anytime occasions:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness... Butterscotch is my hubby's favorite thing - maybe I'll make these for his birthday on Thursday!

Jenn said...

YUM! I love butterscotch!! I will be trying these for sure!

Mountain Mama said...

Definitely gotta try these! Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

We use sucanat all the time, and love it!!! This is a MUST try recipe...maybe tomorrow :)