Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here We Go Again!!

WARNING:  ACCIDENT

PHOTOS BELOW!

Wednesday afternoon, I was trying to put the children down for naps so I could pack my bag to be ready when Rob got home to leave (The only bag left to pack because I needed to iron!).  We’re going to visit family for a few days.

While I was changing Asa, Cai came running in telling me about someone doing something to him and caused him to hit his head.  I looked at him and noticed blood on his head but stayed calm and told him to just stand still for a moment.  He didn’t realize he was bleeding or that he had a gash on his head.

One of his brothers pushed him and he tripped over the vacuum cleaner cord (Ian was vacuuming.) and hit his head at the corner of the kitchen counter. 

I couldn’t believe this was happening!  I got our contractor to look at it and he thought that he needed stitches so I called the doctor who was on vacation.  Fortunately, I know the triage nurse and was able to get her on the phone.  I explained to her that it was at least 1/2 inches long in his hair and she let the other doctor know.  He thought it would be ok to let it go and heal on it's own which I was very thankful to hear. 

P5250018

P5250017 

BTW, this is after I had wiped it gently with a wet rag to clean it in order to see what was going on up there.

If you remember last week, I had to take him to the ER for another accident.  He is definitely keeping me on my toes:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That boy needs bumpers!

Pat said...

If he doesn't end up brain damaged by the time he's 10 it will be amazing. Missed you last night. Have a great visit with your family.

Laura said...

Oh CAItastrophy! We love him :)

Cinnamon said...

Oh no!! Not again!! Head owies bleed bleed bleed. I'm glad he's okay.

Wish we could come and visit and let the kids play :-)

~Cinnamon

Laura said...

Ouch!!! You all need a vacation!

Hope your summer isn't like our last summer with Wesley and all the ER trips.

Have a great week end!!!

Jenn said...

Yikes!! That is one yucky bo-bo. I'm glad it didn't need stitches. He's one tough boy!

Mountain Mama said...

Oh Dear! Boys! Boys!

He is going to have many "scar" stories. Boys love scars. So tough!