Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

For Thanksgiving, we went to visit our families up in West Monroe.  We spent Thanksgiving day at my Uncle’s house where everyone met to eat lunch together.  Rob’s mom came and joined us as she has the past few years. 

Our extended family is very small.  It was my aunt, uncle, mom, sister, our family, Rob’s mom, and two of my sister’s friends.  We enjoyed baked turkey, fried turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, lima beans, field peas, and rolls.  Plus, there was pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and apple raisin pie.  Yummy!

We even went back for leftovers Thursday night :)

SAM_1388

SAM_1389 SAM_1390

Me and Asa, My mom and sister, Kelly

SAM_1391 SAM_1518

SAM_1393 SAM_1394

Sarah enjoying a roll :)

SAM_1395

After lunch, the kids went outside to play.  The weather was great.  It was a warm day in which we could have been in shorts but I didn’t pack them. 

SAM_1407 SAM_1403

Aunt Kelly with Sarah and Asa, My sister and myself

(Asa didn’t do much smiling while we were in town due the fact he wasn’t feeling well.  He ran fever (only symptom) for several days.  He was finally better on Saturday which is the day we came home.)

SAM_1408a                        SAM_1410 

Uncle Herbie with Asa (actually his great uncle), Sarah having fun in the tree.

SAM_1413                         SAM_1416

Emma and Sarah

SAM_1421

Friday for lunch, we went to my dad’s house where we enjoyed another feast.  Turkey, dressing, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, rolls, and homemade bread.  Plus, we enjoyed chocolate pie, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, and sweet potato pie.

SAM_1502 SAM_1504 SAM_1503

Unfortunately, I left my xD card for my camera at home so I wasn’t able to take pictures with my camera.  I know I need to have an extra one in my camera bag!!! All of these pictures are courtesy of one of my sister’s friends who let Kelly use his camera.  We did have our little camera with us so I pulled it out later for Emma’s birthday party. 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Looks like a yummy fun filled Thanksgiving!