While our days remain full, we continue to thank our Lord for His love, grace, mercy, peace, kindness, protection, strength, and so much more. We continue to stay busy with therapy, appointments, homeschooling the children, and life in general. I’m thankful that though I get tired, our Father continues to provide strength for me each and every day.
The children continue to be very helpful though it seems that we can’t seem to catch up with everything that needs to be done. Laundry that used to be done and caught up each week just keeps piling up as fast as we can empty the baskets. Not sure where all of these clothes keep coming from but this is one area I continue to notice that has changed. The house is not staying as clean as it once did but maybe the Lord is teaching me something through this. Once again, I’m thankful for these blessings and the extra hands they provide to help me and Rob each day. In our house, we are a team….Team Shelby!
Rob is doing well. He is still having the small movement in some of his fingers on his left hand and some more sensation to his fingers. This is a great encouragement to all of us but especially him. We’ll take even little baby steps! He went to his urologist this week and was put on an antibiotic that he will take for 5 weeks to treat his bladder infection. We hoping that this oral option will be effective. Rob went with all of us to a field trip on Monday to the Cajun Country Corn Maze. The kids enjoyed having their father with them. I think he enjoyed watching the children too. He was a trooper even with the fact that his wheelchair got stuck in the sand. Hopefully, I’ll find some time to do a post from our field trip.
Some prayer requests:
1. Continue to pray for Rob’s strength and healing.
2. Pray for our family as we continue to get into our “new” normal. We added school back (8th, 7th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and pre-school) into our schedule as of Oct. 1st and his outpatient therapy 3 days a week at 2 hours a day.
3. Pray that the Lord would continue to show himself through our family and that He would continue to receive all of the praise and glory through this journey that He has purposed for us to walk.
4. Pray for baby girl Shelby and this pregnancy. Momma and baby are growing…one of us more than the other;)
5. Pray for our transportation situation. It seems that one of the things that we have been waiting on may be coming to pass next week. We are very excited and humbled all at the same time!
6. Pray for me as I continue to care for Rob, the children, and all of the additional and regular daily tasks. Help me not to murmur or complain but to do it lovingly. Pray that I would be patience with the children and learn to speak softer instead of louder. I struggle each and every day and continue to be a work in progress. May the Lord grant me strength to be a godly wife and mother each day! Thankful that even when I fail, He is there, grants me forgiveness, and a new day to try again.
Don’t forget to pray for everyone involved in the jambalaya benefit that is being held tomorrow (10/20/12) to benefit our family. For more info, you can go here.
We would like to continue to thank all of you who have or are bringing meals to us, provided financial gifts, prayers, and notes of encouragements. The Lord continues to bless and provide for us in so many ways.
For those of you who continue asked how you can help, you can go to www.shelbyfamilyfund.com.
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Ps 115:1
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16
For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and he is to be feared above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16:25