It’s been several weeks since I posted an update. I had a few moments while sitting at therapy waiting on Rob so I thought I would try to post something. Last time I updated, I told you that I had to take Rob to the ER. We have figured out what happened and are now more educated on what to look for and do if it happens again. The week after our ER visit, Rob burnt his right leg with a portable heater that was sitting at his feet to help keep him warm one morning. After a few days of trying to take care of it, I decided we needed to let his doctor look at it. Turns out that it was a 3rd degree burn and an infection had already set in. He was put on an antibiotic for the infection and I clean and bandage the area at least once a day. We have been back for the doctor to look at the burn and she said it is healing great. In fact, she was very surprised how fast it was healing knowing that things don’t normally heal as quickly with someone in Rob’s condition. We are very thankful to our Father who continues to take care of him. Besides the burn, Rob is doing well. He continues with therapy each week and looks like he might be able to return to work (slowly) from home very soon.
I thought that I would have baby news the next time I did an update. However, my due date was yesterday and baby girl Shelby has not greeted us with her presence outside of the womb. The children ask every day, “Are you having any contractions? Is she going to be born today?, etc” They are very excited to meet their new baby sister. Hopefully, she will come soon. Most of my babies have come before or on the due date with the exceptions of two. Abram was born two hours after his due date and Isaac was born the evening after his due date. Please pray for a safe and quick labor and delivery as we await her arrival.
1. Continue to pray for Rob’s strength and healing. I love him so much and am inspired by his hard work and attitude. The Lord had truly blessed me with this man.
2. Pray that the Lord would guide us and help us to accomplish all that needs to be done each day regarding school, the home, training up our children in the ways they should go, chores, and normal daily tasks. This is an ongoing request!
3. Pray that the Lord would continue to show himself through our family and that He would continue to receive all of the praise and glory through this journey that He has purposed for us to walk. He continues to open up opportunities for our family to exalt the name of Christ Jesus.
4. Pray for baby girl Shelby and the upcoming labor/delivery. Please pray for a safe and quick delivery.
5. Pray for me as I continue to care for Rob, the children, and all of the additional and regular daily tasks. Help me not to murmur or complain but to do it lovingly. Pray that I would be patience with the children and learn to speak softer instead of louder. I struggle each and every day and continue to be a work in progress. May the Lord grant me strength to be a godly wife and mother each day! Thankful that even when I fail, He is there, grants me forgiveness, and a new day to try again. This is a daily challenge!!!
6. Pray for our family during the adjustment period when he starts back to work at home as it will be different to have daddy at home and working. Pray for his strength and endurance as he starts back several days a week for several hours a day. He might get to start back this Monday which is another reason for baby girl to make her appearance.
For those of you who continue asked how you can help, you can go to www.shelbyfamilyfund.com.
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Ps 115:1
The Lord is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth. Psalms 121:1-2