Monday, March 11, 2013

Update with Pictures - 3/11/13

I'm happy to report that Rob started back to work 3 weeks ago. He is starting back slowly by working 3 days a week at 4 hours a day. His employer has been great and has set him up an office from our home. Rob will go into the office periodically but will work from home most of the time. Also, the long term disability company is buying him a stair lift which will be installed so that he will be able to work from his office that he already has upstairs. Right now, we have him set up in our guest room downstairs until we get the lift. We are continually amazed by the Lord's provisions and blessings to our family.

If you noticed from my other posts, our baby girl, Anna Claire, was born safely at home. It was such a lovely experience for our family. She is doing great and is such a sweet addition to our family. The Lord heard our prayers because my labor was quick and easy. (Less than 3 hrs and my water didn't break until right before she was born.) Another provision for our family is the fact that she sleeps so well at night (only waking once at night to eat and then falls back to sleep since birth). This has been a true blessing since I get up to help Rob once a night too.

Busy is a never ceasing description of our lives. We struggle to keep up with the house, the children, the school work, family worship, etc while trying to keep up with therapy, doctor appts. for everyone, nursing a little one, and now Rob's work. We are definitely imperfect and human for all of you who think otherwise! I've lost a good 2 hours each day that I used to have just tending to the needs of morning and evening with Rob not counting the time throughout the day in which he needs me. I'm not complaining by any means because Christ says that His grace is sufficient for me. It has been a joy to care for my husband in ways that I didn't in the past.

I'm very thankful to all of you who have brought us a meal, who are bringing us meal, and to those who continue. You will never know how helpful this has been for me. I rarely have time to think about food for dinner. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Here's a few pictures that have been taken since Anna Claire was born:

Rob getting some snuggling time with sweet Anna Claire. She will know her daddy in a completely different way than most of the other children.

Emma holding her brand new baby sister shortly after her birth.

Sweet Sarah holding Sweet Anna Claire.

At night, one of the older boys gets to stay up a little later to help out with Anna Claire while I get Rob ready for bed and maybe sneak in a little time soaking in a hot bath. This was one of Abram's nights with sweet baby girl.

This was one of Tate's nights. Apparently, they were both tired because he fell asleep next to her.

This is a current picture of Anna Claire for your enjoyment;)



Prayer requests:

1. Continue to pray for Rob’s strength and healing. I love him so much and am inspired by his hard work and attitude. The Lord had truly blessed me with this man. He continues to press on more and more every day.

2. Pray that the Lord would guide us and help us to accomplish all that needs to be done each day regarding school, the home, training up our children in the ways they should go, chores, and normal daily tasks. This is a big struggle for us with all that we have going on right now.

3. Pray that the Lord would continue to show himself through our family and that He would continue to receive all of the praise and glory through this journey that He has purposed for us to walk. He continues to open up opportunities for our family to exalt the name of Christ Jesus.

4. Pray for Rob as he has started back to work. This is yet another adjustment period for us. May the Lord continue to grant him strength and endurance!

5. Pray for me as I continue to care for Rob, the children, and all of the additional and regular daily tasks. Help me not to murmur or complain but to do it lovingly. Pray that I would be patience with the children and learn to speak softer instead of louder. I struggle each and every day and continue to be a work in progress. May the Lord grant me strength to be a godly wife and mother each day! Thankful that even when I fail, He is there, grants me forgiveness, and a new day to try again. This is a daily challenge!!!

6. Pray for Rob has he has another bladder infection.

7. Pray for our children. May the Lord be gracious to them even with the short comings of their parents.

For those of you who continue asked how you can help, you can go to www.shelbyfamilyfund.com.

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Ps 115:1

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
 
Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! Psalms 31:19

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Well even if you did complain once in awhile or cry who would begrudge you that.

The baby looks cute, and it is nice that you have older boys to lend a hand. Boys are wonderful. They do a lot without complaining. I know. I was one of eleven.

Hugs and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear Shelby family,
We pray for your family continually. I just wanted to share something that works for me with bladder infections. I've always been prone to them but a couple of years ago, my midwife told me about vitamin C being more effective than even cranberry juice at curing or warding off infections. Sure enough I have been able to cure a couple of infections by drinking some Emergen-C drinks 1-5 times a day. If I feel an infection coming on, I drink one and it usually abates the symptoms quickly. I pray that might help or add some relief to this problem. Many blessings, Emily Gunn