Once again, it's been a while since I've been able to update you about Rob and our family. Life stays busy so I try to get each according to importance. God's grace and strength are ever present in our lives. We continue to be thankful to all who have been and are praying and supporting our family.
Rob continues to persevere each and every day. He has had some health issues recently since my last update which caused him to miss therapy and church for a couple of weeks. However, he is back at it again and thankful to be able to return to worship with God's people at our church.
Work is going well. He is still working 12 hours a week but he's hoping to increase that number soon. The stair lift has been installed and he is now able to work upstairs in his office. This has been a blessing and gives him a quiet place to work away from the noise of daily life downstairs;)
Also, he/we are teaching again for the first time since his accident. We are teaching the kids catechism class this quarter in the evening during discipleship training time on Sundays. It was a joy to see him teaching again.
There's not really anything new as far as the family. We just keep pressing on each and every day to get school work and house work done each day. Thankful, we are getting into more of a regular routine and getting faster with some of the daily requirements with Rob. Anna Claire is growing like a weed. She continues to be such a well- tempered, go-with-the-flow baby. What a blessing during this time!
I continue to give thanks to those of you who continue to bless our family with a meal every now and then in order to help me out during these busy days. It has been so helpful. The children are very helpful and carry a big load too. Through these circumstances, The Lord has blessed me with some new friends for which I rejoice. The Lord's blessings continue to overflow even though I deserve none of these.
Rob’s 1st time back in a teaching setting since his accident.
Rob upstairs in his office working after the stair life was installed in his office.
1. Continue to pray for Rob’s strength and healing. I love him so much and am inspired by his hard work and attitude. The Lord had truly blessed me with this man. He continues to press on more and more every day.
2. Pray that the Lord would guide us and help us to accomplish all that needs to be done each day regarding school, the home, training up our children in the ways they should go, chores, and normal daily tasks. This is a big struggle for us with all that we have going on right now.
3. Pray that the Lord would continue to show himself through our family and that He would continue to receive all of the praise and glory through this journey that He has purposed for us to walk. He continues to open up opportunities for our family to exalt the name of Christ Jesus.
4. Pray for Rob as he works on increasing his hours back at work. May the Lord continue to grant him strength and endurance!
5. Pray for me as I continue to care for Rob, the children, and all of the additional and regular daily tasks. Help me not to murmur or complain but to do it lovingly. Pray that I would be patience with the children and learn to speak softer instead of louder. I struggle each and every day and continue to be a work in progress. May the Lord grant me strength to be a godly wife and mother each day! Thankful that even when I fail, He is there, grants me forgiveness, and a new day to try again. This is a daily challenge!!!
6. Pray for Rob has he has another bladder infection. Bladder infection is gone!!!! Praise the Lord!!!
7. Pray for our children. May the Lord be gracious to them even with the short comings of their parents.
For those of you who continue asked how you can help, you can go to www.shelbyfamilyfund.com.
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Ps 115:1
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Rev. 21:4-5
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever! Ps. 107:1