Monday, December 23, 2013

Our Trip/Update

Thank you so much for praying for us as we were attempting our 1st overnight trip since Rob's accident!  We enjoyed a great time with my family for Thanksgiving.  It was very different than the past but it worked out ok.  

There are many different aspects to traveling that we never had to deal with before the accident.  I believe it went well for our first experience with little difficulty. Rob still sleeps in a hospital bed at home so sleeping in a regular bed brought challenges and some discomfort.  These are all things we must try and was helpful to see what worked or didn't work as we continue to transition him back to our regular bed.  This trip helped to see what was truly necessary or not.  

It was a very jam packed visit in 4 days/3 nights.  We enjoyed celebrating Emma's birthday with our family which happen to fall the day after Thanksgiving this year.  We were able to see my dad and his wife whom we hadn't seen since before the accident.  His wife had a stroke while Rob was in the hospital in New Orleans and is still trying to recover for the many physical issues that was caused by it.  It was great for each of us to be able to see one another in person in order to understand the physical challenges that the two if them are facing.  Also, my sister came in town to visit.  Rob and I hadn't seen her since before the accident too.  Her and my father were both able to meet Anna Claire for the first time:)

Rob enjoying some pizza at our favorite local spot sitting next to my stepmom.  We had the entire family there for lunch (Rob and I along with our children, my mom, my sister, my dad and his wife, my aunt and my uncle).

Me with my sister, Kelly, and Anna Claire

Tate enjoying some time with my mom and sister's dogs while visiting my mom's (aka Nana) house.

Abram, Aunt Kelly, Cai, and Cade with the dogs 

Ian enjoying some doggy time;)

Aunt Kelly enjoying some Anna Claire time.

Sarah, Aunt Kelly, and Emma

My dad (aka Poppy) with me and Emma

Poppy with me, Anna Claire, Emma, and Kelly

Me with my mom and sister 

Sweet Anna Claire fell asleep snuggling with her Nana

We had a great visit.  Now, we're getting ready for Christmas with my mom, aunt, and uncle who are traveling down here to spend a few days with us.  

For anyone wondering, Rob is doing great.  We have been enjoying not to mention thankful for a season of good health for him and our family.  He hasn't gone to therapy for several months due to the fact that insurance wouldn't cover it any longer.  However, we joined our local YMCA for him to go and continue strengthing his arms/muscles in place of his other therapy.  It's amazing how much he has been able to train his body and increase in strength since the day he came home from the hospital.  

Our family is very grateful for your continued prayers.  It is comforting to know that there are those of you from all over lifting us up to the Father.

No comments: