Thursday, October 30, 2014

Biology 2-Day Lab Intensive

In September, Cade and Ian attend a Biology 2-Day Lab Intensive through Landry Academy.  This class covers one year worth of Biology lab work in 2 days from 9 am - 5 pm. 

Here we are each morning before we headed to their class.    

I was able to stay a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon so I took pictures of the lessons they were doing during those times.  

Collecting their DNA and making a DNA necklace

Using the microscope 

Studying a set of healthy lungs (using pig lungs)

Studying smoker lungs
Worm Dissection
Frog Dissection
Studying blood glucose levels
Pig Uterus Dissection
Cat Dissection

Their class/ Cade and Ian with their teacher, Mrs. Lori Higgins


This was an excellent class and opportunity for my boys.  I highly recommend the Landry Academy program and look forward to them taking other lab courses along with other my children.  

This class brought science to life for them in a hands-on matter to which stirred their interest in science.  It has even gotten my oldest son thinking about his future and possible career.  In my opinion, this class was worth every penny.  

No comments: