Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Big Mess

Today Cade decided to water the garden earlier than usual but he left the water running longer than he should. The water flowed into a corner of the backyard. It did not take long for some of the little ones to find it.
Cai and Abram came in the house to wash off their hands because they were dirty. I forgot they were in the bathroom and found this big mess.

Cai was in the sink cleaning his feet while Emma and Abram were watching. There was mud (not a thick mud but a watery dirt) all over the sink and floor. By the way, Abram and Emma were dirty too.

Yuck!

Mommy, I'm just trying to clean my feet!

For those of you who know me know that I am not a big fan of messes or having dirty areas in the house. So while it was fun for them to get dirty, they had to clean it up themselves as well. Not to mention this happened on the day that I am trying to wrap up school for the week, finish packing to go out of town this evening, and load up the van before Rob gets home. I just kept saying, "The joy of the Lord is my strength!"

Then he said to them, "Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."Nehemiah 8:10 (ESV)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Don't ya LOVE it...NOT!