Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 3 - Music Camp

Wednesday, Candi watched my younger children for me so that Rob and I could meet with a Design Consultant at our home for a few rooms in our house This allowed us not to have any distractions during our meeting since the older three would not be there to help out. I dropped off my four and picked up Luke and drop the other children off at camp. Since I was by myself and had some time before our appointment, I stayed for about 30 minutes to take some pictures of the guys at camp.

Cade, Luke, Tate, and Ian sitting and waiting for it to begin.

Sorry the pictures are not as clear as I would have liked but I was trying to get the camera set for the lights in the gym and not have the flash on to distract them.

Ian and one of the camp team members. Notice he is not much taller than Ian though he is older.

Bro. Philip getting their day started.

He is one of the founders of Frick and Frack Music. He and his partner are the ones who write the entire musicals from script, lyrics, and music.

They started the day off with a little skit with a banana and funny song.
The banana is his telephone!

Listening

Running sound and PowerPoint

Learning the motions to the funny song.

Participating


Singing with movements

Bro. Philip was with one of the team captains who was challenging the other team which was our boys team.


Ian doing his movements

They had started practicing the music and motions to their songs.

Tate is the only one who looked back at me while I was there. I guess he was checking to see if I was still there.

They had the words to each song up on the screen while they were practicing.

I brought my camera back in with me when I came to pick them up.
This is the backdrop for the musical.

Singing some more...

They ended the day with a game. They were split up into two different teams. While they were singing, Bro. Philip would stop and someone from the team would have to try to finish the line. The teams ended in a tie.

A front view of the action.
Cade, Banana boy aka Christopher (one of the team members), Ian, and Tate
Not sure what was up with the costume but other team members were dressed up in different costumes during this time. I took the picture after the camp was finished for the day.
They have been having a lot of fun and enjoying this experience. Once again, I can't wait to see their performance tomorrow night.
By the way, you can check out Candi's blog to see what the other kids did at her house while I was gone.

3 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Fun. Best wishes to them on their performances.

Anonymous said...

my guys did that same music camp years and years ago at New Covenant. They had a ball and really learned a lot. Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Jenn said...

I can't wait to put Hannah and Aaron in one of these!!! Looks like the kiddos are really enjoying it.