Thursday, June 4, 2009

Practicing

Tuesday, I was able to get a few pictures of Cade and Ian practicing for their performance Friday night while the others were napping. Cade and Ian both have a solo part to sing. Cade was selected for a part that is one of the bigger roles in the musical so he has one role with many speaking lines. Ian plays four different roles but each has less speaking lines. Tate was selected for dancing in one of the songs plus all three of them will sing with the entire group throughout the musical.
They are very excited. I couldn't believe all that they have to learn in five days. They are doing great and I can't wait to see them perform it Friday night. They have not been able to do all of their chores this week since they are gone all day and MUST practice and rehearse every night. We let them off the hook some this week and I have been trying to carry their load as well. Monday they came home saying they couldn't do anything extra because they have to listen to their cd all the way through at least once and memorize all of their lines and parts. I think they wouldn't sure how it was going to all come together because the next day they came home more relaxed and was able to help out some. They have been doing a few chores this week but mostly spending time working on their parts.


I hope they know that I will remember how much they memorized this week the next time they tell me they can't do it because it is too much. Now I know what they can really do!!!

3 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's funny what they can do when they want to. I hope the musical goes well. It sounds like they are having a lot of fun with it.

I couldn't figure out how to e-mail you. We are in Az.

Jenn said...

Not only are they doing A LOT of memorizing, but they are doing it in a SHORT time. No excuses for sure now!

Tracy said...

I like the one of him on the floor! So cute!