It's been a while since I've had a chance to post something on our blog. I wanted to let you know that we continue to press on each and every day.
The children are doing well. Anna Claire (7 months old) is growing like a weed, scooting/crawling across the floor, sitting up, and enjoys real people food not baby food. The other children have been enjoying their "summer" break along with our monthly field trips. (Yes, I am behind on 2 field trip posts!). We plan to start our new school year next week (if I can get everything finished and ready to go).
Rob continues to work from home but goes into the office about once a week for a few hours. He's working up to 20 hours a week. Plus, he still goes to 2 hours of therapy twice a week. For the most part, he has been healthy. However, Rob has been feeling pretty bad for the past 6 days. We think he may have a virus that some of our kids have had recently. It is keeping him very fatigued.
A week ago, I and the others at church were blessed to hear Rob preach his first sermon since the accident during our Wednesday night service. He is such an encouragement to me and others. I've attached a link to his sermon at the end of this post.
1. Continue to pray for Rob’s strength and healing. I love him so much and am inspired by his hard work and attitude. The Lord has truly blessed me with this man. He continues to press on more and more every day.
2. Pray that the Lord would guide us and help us to accomplish all that needs to be done each day regarding school, the home, training up our children in the ways they should go, chores, and normal daily tasks.
3. Pray that the Lord would continue to show himself through our family and that He would continue to receive all of the praise and glory through this journey that He has purposed for us to walk. He continues to open up opportunities for our family to exalt the name of Christ Jesus.
4. Pray for me as I continue to care for Rob, the children, and all of the additional and regular daily tasks. Help me not to murmur or complain but to do it lovingly. Pray that I would be patience with the children and learn to speak softer instead of louder. I struggle each and every day and continue to be a work in progress. May the Lord grant me strength to be a godly wife and mother each day! Thankful that even when I fail, He is there, grants me forgiveness, and a new day to try again. This is a daily challenge!!!
5. Pray for Rob as he has not been feeling well for the past several days. Pray for increased strength and energy!
6. Pray for us as we begin our new school year. We will have 8 children doing "school" work.
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Ps 115:1
He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30